Thursday, August 12, 2004
POLITICS AS USUAL: BASS FISHING AND THE U.S. ELECTION
While funny, am I the only one that thinks that was a brilliant tactic?
You speak directly to your base, you contrast yourself against your opponent (in this case, a wealthy career politician) while playing to your strengths as a regular guy who understands regular people.
I think Bush got voters.... hook, line and sinker (I had a lot of them, that''s the one I went with).
Here's a Letterman Top 10 List which might give you a laugh.....
Top Ten George W. Bush Complaints About "Fahrenheit 9/11"
10. That actor who played the President was totally unconvincing
9. It oversimplified the way I stole the election
8. Too many of them fancy college-boy words
7. If Michael Moore had waited a few months, he could have included the part where I get him deported
6. Didn't have one of them hilarious monkeys who smoke cigarettes and gives people the finger
5. Of all Michael Moore's accusations, only 97% are true
4. Not sure - - I passed out after a piece of popcorn lodged in my windpipe
3. Where the hell was Spider-man?
2. Couldn't hear most of the movie over Cheney's foul mouth
1. I thought this was supposed to be about Dodgeball
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]