Friday, December 03, 2004
B! TALK DAILY: THE APPRENTICE 2: STRIPPED OF ALL HER DIGNITY
Ivana get naked!
I guess that's what they call "naked ambition". Shall I go on? Firstly, I need to admit that I was wrong. Sandy was not next, but I'm sure she would have been if she ended up in the Boardroom. On a related note, I was also wrong that Ivana Humpalot would be in the final three. Fine, fine fine. So I was wrong. I still have said from the beginning that it will be the two K's: Kelly and Kevin (or as I call them, Whoopie ansd Sweaty).
So, the task this time was to not only sell a new chocolate bar, but make it as well. I would have been horrible at this task, as I would have given a whole new meaning to "eating into the profits". Nevertheless, both Apex (K's and I) and Mosaic (The Blonde Ambition Twins) did a comparable job making the chocolate (about 300 bars per team). It was damn funny to watch Jen wipe out on the floor.
I know, I'm cruel that way.
Anyway, they "hit the streets" to sell their wares, with the Olsen twins dressing up in duel slutterific attire to sell their $5 DOLLAR bars to the drooling men (idiots!). Team bland (I mean Apex) was doing the ol' product-related-hat-and-t-shirt combo. At least for now. When it looked like Mosaic was actually moving product at a higher price, PM Ivana decided to do something "drastic". And by drastic, she meant really stupid, tawdry and demeaning.
Ivana offer to sell guys on the street a candy bar for $20. If they would agree to the price, she would throw in a "dropping of the skirt" so they could take a peek at her gams (amongst other things). Apex lost. The Big D lost it. And Ivana is no more.
- I have a new-found respect/fear for Carolyn. The way she set up Ivana was brilliant. Kevin looked a little shaky in the boardroom becuase he was selling the candy bars for only $1. But Carolyn changed the focus to their track records as PM (Ivana's was 0-2, Kevin's was 2-0 and Kelly's was 3-0). All of a suddent the conversation is about win/loss records. Brilliant.
- She also summarized the point perfectl to the Big D. When asked about Ivana she retorted: "You want a stripper running your company"? DT obviously liked that line, as he used it when he fired Ivana.
- Watching Ivana get totally frustrated in the boardroom was awesome. You could tell she hit a point where she was totally over her head and just couldn't defend herself anymore.
- What's with the Troika being totally taken off their game by the Olsen twins? They were running along smoothly and once they say them shaking their moneymakers, they almost completely shut down.
- I have less respect for guys in general after this. A $5 candy bar? I don't care if you're naked--I ain't bying it, blondie! C'mon guys, show some self respect. Don't be so easily humiliated!
- The NBC website says next week the two final candidates are revealed. Told you that another double firing was in the cards.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]