Friday, January 07, 2005

POLTICS AS USUAL: COULTER AS ICE


Annie, Get Your Gun! Posted by Hello

While it might seem that way, I have never professed to knowing everything. And I don't know a lot about conservative author Ann Coulter. I don't really read her material, although I have heard a lot of folks speak about her like she's the "voice of the GOP".

But I have one question--is she nuts???

Some of you might have read this article is the New York Observer. Ms. Coulter might be pulling out collective legs, I don't know. But either way, these are the kind of quotes (and I'm not making this up) that come back to haunt a person:

"That's right! But they'll be opening Christmas presents soon enough," she said. "And then they'll be happy."--in response to the better life that awaits the Iraqi people.

"I'm getting a little fed up with hearing about, oh, civilian casualties. I think we ought to nuke North Korea right now just to give the rest of the world a warning."--Ann's first draft of defence policy.

"Seriously, I think the rest of the countries in the Middle East, after Afghanistan and Iraq, they're pretty much George Bush's bitch"--Ann outreaching to the Arab world.

"During the gay-marriage debate, these black ministers would come on TV and say things no white conservative would say. 'Sodomy? You're going to burn in hell for that!' And I realized to my delight that if we can get blacks to be conservatives, we have an entire race of Ann Coulters. They do not care about politically correct. It would be so much fun. And they are conservative!... The brothers aren't big on queer theory."--Uhhh.. yeah....

Maybe this is business as usual for Ann--I'm not sure. Either way, at least I will say one thing: she sure doesn't adhere to a rule of being politically correct. Oh, and she's apparently crazy.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

ONESTAT