Tuesday, March 01, 2005
POLITICS AS USUAL: READ BEFORE LUNCH, NOT AFTER
These awards are "to honour the best of the worst in government spending".
Pretty disgusting stuff. Here are some highlights:
- A former DND employee being accused of stealing $100 million from the Department;
- Sloppy adminstration at DND that wasted between $28 million and $81 million;
- Spending $101 million to replace 2 Challenger jets;
- $400K for a consultant for a (gasp!) Alberta Cabinet Minister to receive "oral advice";
- Board members of the Metis Addictions Council is Saskatchewan spend $600K on booze, food and travel;
- $850,000 in Toronto for unused "emergency" shelter beds;
And the classic:
- Andre Ouellet getting $2 million worth of expenses during his 8 years as Chair of Canada Post.
I think I'm going to be sick.
But good work to John Williamson and the hawkeyes down at the CTF.
Keep fighting the good fight.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]