Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A little late today...

...as I have decided to return to working out at my gym in the morning.

This has nothing to do with politics but may be directly related to the amount of time I spend in front of the computer reading blogs and news. Actually it has a little to do with politics as I was trying to make up some literature for my campaign and realized how much my face had changed in the three years since my last flyer. I would like to think it is the haircut, but I am honest enough to realize it is the extra 25 lbs I have put on since 2003.

I have been a member of a local gym in town which has an excellent facility (everything except a pool/hot tub, but they are coming) and I have been making my monthly donation for the past year and a half. It is a donation because until recently I have not been recieving any goods or service for my monthly fee.

So, this past weekend, as I was getting winded running after my daughter, I decided that it was time to do something about it.

I was going quite regularly until the birth of our second child (a year ago February). At that point, all my available time seemed to collapse into a short 10 minute period which arrived between 12:40 and 12:50 am each day.

Over the past year, I have made several starts and stops back at the gym, but I have not been able to do so with any regularity.

So, this past Monday, I decided I would get up 45 minutes earlier and come hell or high water I would go to the gym.

Monday arrived, my alarm went off at 5:15 am and by about 5:45 I was headed to the gym. Now I know there are lots of programs out there, but at this point I just need to eat less and exercise more. So I began with a 45 minute walk/jog.

Yesterday arrived, my alarm went off at 5:30 am (because I realized I didn't need a full 1/2 hour to get ready if I packed everything the night before) and headed out. Was able to manage a good 30 minute jog and was feeling pretty good about myself (maybe I wasn't so out of shape as I beleived).

Today, my alarm went off at 5:30 am and I hit snooze and hit snooze and hit snooze to the point where my wife said if you don't get out of bed I will kill you. (we have that sort of crazy kinda luv), so I headed out at 6:45 and didn't get on the treadmill until 7:00ish. I then just set the machine and walked and walked while watching CNN.

So this has nothing to do with politics, but my reason for being late with a post today.

In the future, I will try to figure out how to post with my blackberry like Double B was able to and then I can post while sitting on the bike.

Q

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

ONESTAT