Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Gay Marriage, again and again and again...

I was reading this column and I think this sums it all up pretty nicely.

After my post earlier, there seemed to be some confusion on where I stand on this issue.

I think I should be entirely clear: I don't care.

If two people want to stand up and tell the world they love each other, in a world full of people who hate for no other reason than to hate, who am I to tell them not to.

Marriage means so many different things to so many different people that allowing two people of the same sex to express their love in that way does not diminish my marriage and the love I have for my wife and children in the least. In actuality, it enhances it.

Those who use the bible as an argument against gay marriage or those who call themselves Christians need to pull that dusty book off the shelf or out of the drawer and reaquaint themselves with Christ's teachings.

First and foremost "Do unto others as you would have done unto you." i.e. live and let live.

There are those who call themselves men/women of God who profess to speak for the Almighty. I hope when they come face to face with the big Guy (or Gal) that they get bitch slapped across the face.

Isn't it the height of hubris to believe that any man/woman can speak for God?

Q

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

ONESTAT