Sunday, June 04, 2006

Gay Marriage redux...

So the government of the day is going to hold a vote on whether to reopen the debate.

The motion will read something along the line of "should we revisit the debate."

This is a brilliant move by Harper. The motion will be defeated by BQ, NDP and Liberals and Stephen Harper will not have to deal with the issue. He will be able to mollify his far right critics by saying "listen, I have always said this should be decided by a vote in parliament and not by activist judges. Parliament has spoken and as a democrat, I respect the results."

I am not opposed to gay marriage. I am completely indifferent. I do not believe that two gay people getting married diminishes my marriage and relationship in any way.

Q

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

ONESTAT