Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Universal Child Care Benefit

Okay, so I admit that I am a big fan of this program. I have a stay at home wife who looks after our two kids and the $200 per month is going to be helpful for us (I already have my eye on a new golf club).

However, rather than just add the money to the direct deposit, our buddies in Ottawa thought it would be cute to send out a cheque to everyone. That is great, but the cheques are now late.

In my particular case, it is no great hardship (unless you count the delay getting that driver is doing to my golf game). However, if you are a family that counts on the regular direct deposit month in and month out and all of a sudden it is not there, that can be a huge problem for some people.

I would be interested to know if anyone has experienced anything similar.

Q (out looking for some beer and popcorn)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

ONESTAT