Friday, August 11, 2006

Mideast Pieces

I have generally avoided comments on the mideast because, in fairness, I cannot appreciate what people there are going through.

The ongoing hatred felt by people on both sides of the conflict is never going to be resolved by UN resolutions or military might.

A colleague of mine came up with a slightly biased question when he asked "when did it become okay to bomb women and children?" He was referring to the Israeli attacks on civilian targets where Hezzbolah is firing rockets from.

My response was:

"If you are firing rockets at my family from your house. And you live there with your wife and kids, I would have no hesitation in using every means at my disposal to ensure that you stopped firing rockets at my family, even if that meant destroying the house with you and your family in it. The safety of my family comes first."

My friends thought this was a little harsh and cold blooded. I think I would be justified.

I only say : think of this scenario and what would you do?

There are no good wars.

(with the following exceptions: The American Revolution, World War II and the Star Wars Trilogy).

Q

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

ONESTAT