Thursday, December 07, 2006

Stephane Dion Citizenship

In the interest of full disclosure, I should start by saying that until fairly recently, I held a British passport based on the fact that my parents are both English. It made travel to the old sod a lot easier.

However, I have never considered myself anything but Canadian.

I think it is time that Canada review the whole concept of dual (or multi) citizenships. I believe that if you are a Canadian, and you want to enjoy the benefits and privleges that being a Canadian entails, you should renounce any other citizenship.

The fiasco in Lebannon only further underlines the reality that our citizenship is considered a convenience rather than something to be proud of.

Stephane, give it up.

Or better yet, don't. I am certain that no one will bring it up in the next campaign :-)

Q

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

ONESTAT