Monday, January 15, 2007

Doing my part to stimulate the economy...

I have decided to do my part to stimulate the economy given that we might be heading to a slow down in 2007.

I am also going to do it in a way that doesn't cost me anything (in my mind).

I have decided to spend all the pennies I have accumulated over the years. I have a penny jar. It contains almost 5000 pennies (yes it is a big jar).

By hoarding this money over the past 5 years, I have inadvertently reduced the overall money supply, and contributed to a reduction in the amount of available funds.

Now many may say, so what, it is only $50. But I read that there are several hundred million dollars out there in unspent change.

So come on Canada, let's stimulate the economy and spend those pennies.

Q

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

ONESTAT