Monday, July 16, 2007

Non-aggression pack faltering?

So my early morning reading took me to this.

Now I was not a big fan of the Green-Liberal alliance. But not because I am worried about (or for that matter, care about) Peter MacKay.

I was not a fan because I cannot understand why the Greens would want to give up the $1.75 per vote per year they get in government subsidies. The Green party is slowly building up a base and some credibility. I think the Green Party should be invited to the leader's debate.

But unfortunately Elizabeth May is not a leader (TM).

She has squandered the potential for the first Green Party MP in Canada by tying her little red wagon to Stephane Dion's shooting star.

If the liberals get another majority, do you think the Green Party will have any influence. Unlikely.

If two or more Green MPs were elected in a minority government, do you think the party would have some influence. I don't know for sure, but why don't we ask those Socred members from 1979? or Belinda Stronach in 2004?

People will be asking: Do you actually stand for something? and the answer will not be: Fiscally Responsibility and Sustainable Environmental Stewardship. It will be: Anyone but Harper.

Q

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

ONESTAT