Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Testing the Faith....
1. Get out the dictionary.
Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lee-der-ship] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
1. the position or function of a leader: He managed to maintain his leadership of the party despite heavy opposition.
2. ability to lead: She displayed leadership potential.
3. an act or instance of leading; guidance; direction: They prospered under his leadership.
4. the leaders of a group: The union leadership agreed to arbitrate.
Do the math, people. Even if the Tories win a majority, a good chunk of their caucus is against this policy, or at least their constituents are. With the Libs, NDP, Greens and 25% of the Tories against Faith Based funding, free vote = no funding. Period. Full stop.
2. If I was one of the 76% the Toronto Star asked about faith based funding who unequivocally supported the Party's position and had been slugging it out over the last month - defending, explaining, listening, defending, defending - I would be SUPER pissed right now.
3. What's worse are people like THIS chick who damn well knew what was in the platform months ago, but decided to run anyway and when the faith based stuff came up decided to cut ranks. Guess its all good to be down with JT when the going gets tough, but when it looks like his position is on the wrong side of public opinion, its ship jumping time. You know who are usually the first ones off the ship, right? It ain't women or children. Yeah, I said it.
4. I will have lots more to say after the election, I can assure you.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]