Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Revenue neutral (redux)

It seems to me that

A) If the goal of the Carbon Tax is to reduce emmissions; and

B) If the amount the Carbon Tax generates is offset by income tax cuts; and

C) If the Carbon Tax is successful and cuts emmissions, then

I assume the Liberals are going to either

1) Increase personal income taxes later on or;

2) Run a deficit when emissions have been cut

Doesn't seem like they are being either

i) Honest or
ii) Fiscally responsible


While I don't agree with the Carbon Tax, I think it would be more effective and thus reduce emissions if there were no corresponding offsets to income tax.

Seems to me there is an attack ad in here somewhere?

Q


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

ONESTAT